Sunday, May 12, 2019

Painting for Mother’s Day....

Painting for Mother’s Day....

I sit here in a Mother’s Day activity, doing of all things, painting...my mother’s favorite activity...

She has been gone 9 years now and would have turned 90 this month....

Mothers are just special...I hope I can be that special to my children as well....oh, we have our baggage from our parents, life experiences or personality issues...we may think we are perfect or that they were perfect,,,but, no...no one is that great...

When my mother passed away unexpectedly, she left a full painting room, over 1500 different kinds of brushes, unfinished projects that would take the next 10 years minimum, a library of books, a plethora of paints of all colors/types...

She had taught music for twenty years and switched to painting....starting a whole new “career”...she loved to learn new techniques so that she could teach to her many students of all ages...she loved sharing with her grandchildren fun painting activities...

Wherever we lived in various towns in Nevada, she would offer classes, meeting new friends at each location...bring along my dad into the friendships as well...

Her paintings, unless stylized in a certain technique, looked like photographs, she was so good. 

So the irony of this day, I was sitting here with three brushes, a small canvas, a small variety of paints...painting...trying to depict a fruit and choose a fruit of the Spirit to title this “creation “...I had to smile and even chuckle as my talents do not fall into her level...but, it caused me to remember her care, her smile, her..thank YOU for Mother’s Day...and for the mother You blessed me with...and even the painting lesson to commemorate her.... 

“‘Each of you must respect your mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the Lord your God.
Leviticus 19:3a

“Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
Ephesians 6:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment