Thursday, June 29, 2017

Hope...and the Masqueraders...

Hope...and the Masqueraders...

"We never stopped dreaming..."

http://www.coolestone.com/media/17247/The-Masqueraders---A-Change-Is-Gonna-Come---AGT-2017/#.WVT0fOtHaK1

I listened to this soul group early this am and was in tears by the end of their short song...they put their heart and soul into the words and movements...

I really don't know anything about them, but their comment, "we never stopped dreaming" resonated to my being...

There are down times, dark times in our lives that feel like they will never end, we can see the tiny light of hope, we know that God is there in our heart of hearts, but the darkness lingers, hovering, or clinging to our souls...we cry out, we just plain cry, and the weight stays on, consuming whatever joy we hold...

I have seen it in the eyes of my children, in myself, in others around me, when hope seemed just beyond  our grasp and darkness reigns...one of
My daughters  put it so aptly, " I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel, but it was another train" ( or similar words)...

It may be mourning change, lessons to be learned, hormones, grief, ...a multitude of reasons...but one day, we do see the light, the hope deferred, we feel the joy, and we know that the darkness really has an ending...we are climbing out of the pit, one hand over another...

I don't like the darkness, but the lessons learned are like no other...and the joy at the end is deeper, abiding in the very depths of my soul...
The quote, "we never stopped dreaming" and the song, "a change is gonna come", hit deeply...

Thank YOU...
Psalm 138:6-8 Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me. The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.

Psalm 40:2-3 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment