Saturday, June 24, 2017

Hearing aids...

Hearing aids...

4 years ago, I had a hearing test done, normal..2 years ago, borderline...this year, below normal....

I knew it was coming, I wasn't hearing the low tones I knew were there and I had purposed long ago that if I ever experience hearing loss, I would do something about it and not hold others captive because of my problem...
My father refused to acknowledge he was having trouble hearing, so we had to talk louder and louder or listen to his blaring TV that you could hear down the street as well as others who couldn't hear in his neighborhood. Your ears were ringing after awhile from the loudness...

So on with the aids...wow, what a difference...I can now hear the blinker in the car that hasn't turned off or even the light switch when I turn the lights off or on plus a multitude of other sounds that I had forgotten...what a difference...somethings are too loud as well...and it is controlled by my app on my phone or tiny buttons on the apparatus...light weight and fits my ears so well I panic once in awhile that I have lost them... 

The hearing aids have been a reminder yet again of God and his Word...I don't want to slowly not hear what He is saying  by listening more and more to the world and its noise...I want to hear the Spirit speak truth...I want to hear  God when he speaks and not be deaf to  his voice or Word...I want to hear the warnings, the love, the comfort, the admonishments, the encouragement...all that He wants me to hear...

Thank YOU that You speak to my heart, soul ...help me listen, help me not to be without hearing...let me hear...

Proverbs 28:9 If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction, even their prayers are detestable. 

Matthew 11:5 The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor. 

Matthew 11:15 Whoever has ears, let them hear. 

Mark 7:31-35, 37 Then Jesus left the vicinity of Tyre and went through Sidon, down to the Sea of Galilee and into the region of the Decapolis. There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged Jesus to place his hand on him. After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man’s ears. Then he spit and touched the man’s tongue. He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, “Ephphatha!” which means “Be opened!”. At this, the man’s ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. People were overwhelmed with amazement. “He has done everything well,” they said. “He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.” 

Romans 10:17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. 

John 10:27-29 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment