Saturday, April 29, 2017

Young mothers...

Young mothers...

I was a young mother once...and now I am an old mother...different tasks, different responsibilities, but still a mother...

I had the delight to watch a friend's two year old daughter this week...what energy, what antics..learning each other's languages...

("Bee goo"= pink juice..) why didn't I know that? She was rather frustrated that I didn't understand...but we made it...with smiles..

Anyway, it was fun while it lasted...makes me realize why God grants children while we are young...

It also reminded me of what some of the responsibilities are for older mothers...mentoring younger ones...not with a sit down, full blown Bible study, but with kindness, encouragement through the rougher times, a helping hand, a gentle touch...long suffering through the long nights of crying babies and sometimes "clueless" husbands...( I am not putting husbands down, but add wacky hormones, lack of sleep and it feels that way!!!!)
(Mine made the remark on the way home from the hospital, "well, that was easy!)🤔😧

But, another thing it reminded me of, was my striving to be the perfect mother at all times...what a fluke!  I laid that to rest over and over...but, had to rest in Christ, rely on Him to add peace...but it took many years and I wished I would have learned it sooner...(I am still learning it with different circumstances)..

Thank YOU...for all of your love during those younger years and the grace which you so freely bestowed...on my children, on my husband and on myself...

Titus 2:1, 3-5 You, however, must teach what is appropriate to sound doctrine.
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.
Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

Psalm 145:18-19 The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.

Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.—PSALM 36: 5

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.—2 CORINTHIANS 4: 17

No comments:

Post a Comment