Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Delight....

Delight...

For whatever reason, there is a woman at my water running class who calls me "delight". I don't know if she misheard me when we exchanged names or what...but she is always reminding me that I remind her of a song we used to sing in church about "delighting in Him"..what a  compliment as well as a "responsibility"!!! on my part...

I have corrected her about the name, but she smiles and blithely says, she knows, but I am still "Delight" to her ...so the name still holds...

While reading proverbs this morning, I was reminded of "delight" again and what we really are to "delight" in...

- wisdom in chapter 8, wisdom was delighted in the Lord.., rejoicing in his craftsmanship, mankind...
- Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- Reverence, Nehemiah 1:11 Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.” I was cupbearer to the king.
- The law of the Lord,   Psalm 1:2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.
- Salvation....Psalm 35:9 Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord and delight in his salvation.
- Firm steps...Psalm 37:23 The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him;
- The Lord himself...Psalm 43:4 Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God.
- Etc...
- There are many "delights", they go on and on...

But, I want my delight to be where it is most desired...the Lord..

Thank YOU for the "name", it just reminds me in whom and for what my real delight should be ....


No comments:

Post a Comment