Friday, April 14, 2017

A song...

A song...

Last night I dreamt about my late husband...

This week has been leading up to the fifth anniversary of his passing and I have thought of those days, as well as the wonderful memories of our marriage, our children, the things we did and didn't do, the places we went or lived...just reminiscing....not depressingly...just remembering...
So my dream in the night was packing boxes for storage...objects from the past, boxing them up...collecting them from different places into a truck going I don't know where...I just remember stuff I hadn't seen or thought of for years...after we finished loading the truck we went to a formal dinner, my husband handed a sheet of a paper to the piano player and he sang that he loved me...(my husband didn't sing well) but he sang on pitch and the words were clear...

Funny, how our minds make up stories from tidbits here and there, years apart adding scenes we have viewed or lived in, people we have met along the way, places we may have visited or viewed elsewhere...adding it own storyline that makes sense in the dream but no sense awake...

But, the stuff in boxes were being packed away...from another life it seems...most of it long gone...the song was just for me...and I appreciated it, surprised that he would do such a thing...and then leave...

The Lord has been so good to us through the years...oh , they weren't perfect or that we didn't face trials on various fronts...we did...business downturns, bad business partners, teen years, lost children, broken bones, sick or dying parents, to name a few ...many of what most families face...but we had faith that God would see us through and He did...He held us when we needed, disciplined when we needed that as well...He didn't forsake us, but always was speaking truth into our lives (even when we didn't want to listen), comforted us in hardships, supplied when we were down to our last $12...added joy...and even in the loss through death, He comforted...

Thank YOU for the song of love sang in a dream in the night songs....

Psalm 77:6-12 I remembered my songs in the night. My heart meditated and my spirit asked: “Will the Lord reject forever?
Will he never show his favor again? Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time?
Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion?”
Then I thought, “To this I will appeal: the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand.
I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.
I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”

No comments:

Post a Comment