Friday, April 7, 2017

Dwelling ....

Dwelling...

Reading through 2 Corinthians again, I fell into the word, dwell...
I have an earthly dwelling which I believe has been a gift to me, as have each dwelling I have lived in all of my life, from borrowed homes, to tents, travel trailers, beautiful lodges in the Cascades of Oregon, hotels for cancer treatments, homes  we designed and built, in various towns and cities,  homes built for others and we aquired, ranches in the desert or in the foothills of California, or the beautiful majestic redwoods of the California coast...many designs, many styles, many places....given to our family as shelter for a time.....but none will compare to the dwelling that is being prepared for me...where many of my family and friends  already reside.

These following verses just came together as dwellings and where we may want to be...

Thank YOU for your eternal provision of a dwelling as well as each you provided here on earth...gifts beyond measure...each one...You have dwelt with us and made each a home ....

Psalm 23:5-6 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

John 14:1-3 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

2 Corinthians 5:1-5 For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment