Tuesday, April 4, 2017

My old man...

My old man...

I never liked the phases, "the old lady, woman", "my old man"...they just seem derogatory..."old"..."demeaning"... But this song caught my heart as I listened  to it...a soft ballad about a son singing about his father...

It just left out those of us girls who had fathers we looked up to...but the meaning is the same for us as well...we and our dads...

So I present it to us as well...

http://www.coolestone.com/media/16709/Zac-Brown-Band---My-Old-Man/#.WOOKretHaK1

When my husband was diagnosed with cancer, my father, in his eighties, drove eight hours to the hospital to be with our family as we heard the prognosis...saying " you need your dad".  It touched me to the core even though I was more worried about him doing all that driving...a year and a half later as he lay dying, he was lamenting that he missed my husband as well...memories....and our dads...fathers...

There are many I know that their fathers were not the godly example that we desired growing up...for whatever reason, those fathers lost the respect and love of heir families...they lost so much, both the children and the fathers...and their view of God as their father was distorted by the earthly view and experience they had...trying to wade through the Word finding the Father of all compassion, care and comfort was made difficult by personal experiences...but He is there...carrying, caring ....He gave it all for us...
He disciplines in love, He holds us in the night watches, he loves unconditionally, He saves...and is even preparing a wonderful eternal home...

Thank YOU...

Exodus 20:12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

Psalm 27:10, 14 Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.
Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 68:5 A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

Psalm 89:26 He will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, the Rock my Savior.’

1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 13 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.....
And now the



se three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment