Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Bookmark....

Bookmark...

My bookmark that marks my place in my current Bible reads, " help me, Lord to have a heart that is open, help me to keep my thoughts toward you, help me to give many words of kindness, and help me to share Your light with all those near. Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. "

It has graced many a book since its arrival more than 25 years ago...
Today it marks Proverbs 3 and 4.
I highlighted verses 13-18 as well as others in chapter 3, "blessed" in finding wisdom...
Those verses start and end with "blessed"! What promises are pictured in the middle...
More valuable than silver or gold or rubies...
Long life....riches and honor ...pleasant ways...peace..a tree of life...blessed...
Sounds much better than Wall Street or worldly promises which are fleeting at best...

Proverbs 3:13-18 Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding,
for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold.
She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor.
Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace.
She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed.

Thank YOU...teach me wisdom...help me seek it in You....

Psalm 86:5 You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment