Wednesday, January 11, 2017

A time...snow...


A time....snow...

Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

I woke up to this verse this morning..I just had to chuckle because I had been thinking about it the day before...as I was shoveling yet another six inches of heavy snow, perfect for a "snow lady", (which I proceeded to make in my front yard with a scarf)...

I thought about the " time for everything" as I looked at my trails surrounded with 3-4 feet of snow in some places and over my head in others...that come spring , or even next week, they would be gone and replaced with brown ground or green leaves and flowers...it would be surreal that I had had so much snow to shovel each day or several times a day with only photos to prove it...a time for everything...

And this was the time for shoveling...there will be a time for planting or mowing later...

I have come back to those verses over the years, with marriage, miscarriages, births, joys, sorrows, teens and tweens, parents, in laws, feast or famine years of work, aging parents, grandparenting, widowhood, illnesses....times..they  are built into the fabric of life for growth, decisions, bringing us to faith or not...attitudes of bitter or better...thankfulness or regret... We get to choose ....as we are shoveling through the day to day events...

Thank YOU that you are always there in the "times" of our lives...comforting, encouraging, holding our heart and hands...you alone know our days...

Isaiah 40:29-31 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Psalm 118:5-7, 14 When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place.
The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I look in triumph on my enemies.
The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment