Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Struggling....

Struggling...

When I read the following quote early this morning, I wondered what the rest of my devotional time would bring...

"When we're in the middle of a difficult time, it's easy to think that we're failing...that we're simply not going to make it. The truth is that the struggle itself is sometimes the very thing that we need." Ideal You..quote

Like many people I know, I struggle with too much weight on my body, too many decisions, good versus bad judgments, use of time, speed limits, politics ...etc., etc....

So my first reading in the Word was Mark 4 about the farmer sowing seeds...and lamps..
Are my ears hearing the Word and is it penetrating my heart?  Am I good soil? Or am I struggling with the bad soils with no production? Do I really want to be good soil or just plod along In life with no direction, no fruit?
Do I want to be a lamp, light to others...or hide what has been shown to me in my life from others...

Mark 4:24 “Consider carefully what you hear,” he continued. “With the measure you use, it will be measured to you—and even more.

Then my next spot to land was Proverbs 4, struggling between right and wrong, the ramifications of right and wrong thinking, wisdom and no wisdom ...
-listen
-get wisdom, understanding
-do not forget
-hold on to instruction
-guard
-keep
-fix
-esteem
-embrace
-do not swerve
-etc., etc.

"Struggle, strive for wisdom " my quote...make right choices...be that good soil..be that lamp..."consider carefully..." This is no easy path without struggles...

Proverbs 4:20-22, 26 My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words.
Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart;
for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.
Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.

Oh, no doubt there will be struggles...we live in a world battleground...good and bad..
But, God is on our side ...He is victorious...He bears our burdens when we lay them at His feet... He is with us in our struggles...He helps us transform...He gives light...

Result....Proverbs 4:18 The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

Thank YOU even in the struggles ...I do need them...whether I like them or not... You light the path through them...M

No comments:

Post a Comment