Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Morning....

Morning...


I tend to rise early in the morning, even when I wish I could rise a little later...some brag about "sleeping in" which sounds like a luxury to those of who are early risers... It would be nice to do that once in a while...but, no, that is seems not to be in my DNA...
So I read, pray, plan, write, think...all before I get out of bed...that is my "quiet time"....
Even when my husband was alive, we both rose early for our "quiet times"...some of our children following soon after while others dragged out later....some bouncy, ready for the day, others grumbling to the table...what fun memories....

There are over 200 references to morning in the Word...from Genesis' first days...to Revelation's ending with Jesus as our Morning Star...

These I share to renew my mornings day by day...joy started first thing ...to be comforted, enfolded by God's great love He gives us....thank YOU for each new morning and help me to take joy in You.....

Psalm 143:8-10 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
Rescue me from my enemies, Lord, for I hide myself in you.
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

Lamentations 3:22-24 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”

Psalm 5:3 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

Psalm 65:8 The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy.

Psalm 90:14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

Isaiah 33:2 Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

No comments:

Post a Comment