Saturday, January 28, 2017

Hidden figures....

"Hidden Figures"

Recently, I had the delight to watch the movie, "hidden figures". An excellent name for an excellent movie...mathematical figures hidden from we commoners of no engineering or mathematical aptitudes and hidden people-black women in the space programs of the 1960's...

These highly intelligent women endured the racial hardships of separate "everything" from coffee pots to bathrooms to racial profiling, racial slurs to just plain rudeness...

It made me ponder the Words...
"go into all the World"
"Whoever shall"
"No partiality"
"Jew and Gentile"
"All"
"God created man in is own image"
Etc.

Then this devotional popped up awaiting my reading this am..."never doubt your personal significance....", "I created you in My own image"....
What powerful words spoken to us in our doubting minds, our times of despair, our downness, our questioning of purpose on the day to day....being transformed more and more each day into the likeness of glory...what promises...thank YOU...


Hi - I'm reading "Jesus Always (with Bonus Content): Embracing Joy in His Presence" by Sarah Young and wanted to share this quote with you.

"January 28
I MADE YOU A LITTLE LOWER than the heavenly beings and crowned you with glory and honor. You were made for greatness, beloved. Never doubt your personal significance, for I created you in My own image—in My likeness. I formed you with a magnificent brain that can communicate with Me, think rationally, create wonderful things, and much more. I gave you dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, and every living thing that moves on the earth. Of everything I created, only mankind is made in My likeness. This is a glorious privilege and responsibility; it makes every moment of your life meaningful. One of your chief purposes in life is to glorify Me. I crowned you with glory so that you can reflect My Glory: lighting up this dark world and helping others come to know Me. I also want you to enjoy Me. I created you with unlimited capacity for pleasure in knowing Me. This Joy you find in Me here and now is a tiny foretaste of the eternal delights awaiting you in heaven."

"You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor."PSALM 8: 5

So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."GENESIS 1: 27–28 NKJV

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.—2 CORINTHIANS 3: 18"

Start reading it for free: http://a.co/7xKjKur
--------
Download Kindle for Android, iOS, PC, Mac and more
http://amzn.to/1r0LubW

No comments:

Post a Comment