Sunday, January 8, 2017

Death...through the crucifixion ....

Death...through the crucifixion...

I was reading in the book of Mark about Jesus' trial and cruxifixction...

(They let the sinner go so the sinless man could die, even though the sinless man was in Fact dying for the sinner, I wonder if he ever realized that)

Anyway, a question was asked in the accompanying notes, "have you ever sat with someone who is dying?"... Yes, yes, as a matter of fact I have...two of those I sat with went so peacefully and the third struggled to the very end...saying "this hurts so bad" as his body slowly shut down.  None were easy, especially for those of us left behind...I kept saying in my heart and to them, "you won't remember this soon"...believing with my words and heart that there will be no more tears in Heaven....as my heart was breaking at their leaving us, ....but, there are tears for those left behind...

I picture the soldiers so callously casting lots over garments left by those on the cross, .....or people walking by, calling out insults...oh, what a public spectacle ....a public event...
The women standing afar, watching their leader slowly die a horrible death....
Another leader, ready to take His body to a tomb for burial...
The day darkening...
And finally, the last gasp...
the curtain tearing from top to bottom...opening the way to the holy of holies...

Oh, my heart aches for the  pain endured for the sake of others...thank YOU...

Hebrews 12:2-3 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

 "Keep your hope fully fastened on Me and on the heavenly reward that awaits you...." Jesus Always,

1 Peter 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,

2 Corinthians 6:10 sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

No comments:

Post a Comment