Saturday, December 12, 2015

Growing older...

Growing older....

This winter's first snow was deep, 12-18 " and drifts were deeper...shoveling was a job, to say the least...I used to do it with ease, shoveling sidewalks, porches, driveways,...we had plenty to do...and it felt good...plus we talked and worked together doing it...with some snow angels, snowballs and forts added for fun...those days are long past now...

now, the shoulders, arms, hips just don't respond as well or recover as quickly...hot/cold packs and maybe a trip to the chiropractor seemed to be in order...no more Angels, or snowballs, just finding the walkway and driveway asap is the goal...plus getting on someone's snow removal list...maybe I don't need to do it anymore...

http://buzz.viddsee.com/heres-loved-body-girl-teenager-mom-grandma/

The winter of life, the golden years, or whatever name we call it, getting older is sometimes freeing and at other times pure pain..as I watched my parents age, they responded most of the time with laughter and grace, resting when needed, working at a slower pace, knowing their limits and enjoying life to the end...my grandparents did as well...so I have choices to make and examples to follow..bitter or better, grumpy or smiley, service or served, sitting or walking, in-touch or out of touch, interested or insolation, fruit bearer or withered...And many more...

Ruth 4:15a He will renew your life and sustain you in your old age.....(spoken to Naomi)...

Psalm 71:9 Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone. 

Psalm 71:18 Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come. 
Psalm 92:12-15 The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; 
planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God. They will still bear fruit in old age,
they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, “The Lord is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.” 

Thank YOU for your care...in the newness of life as well as in the aging process...You are there..help my spirit to be renewed everyday...

No comments:

Post a Comment