Thursday, December 10, 2015

Balloons...

 Balloons...

Reading an excerpt from "living a praying life" by Jennifer Kennedy Dean about her son's balloon..he had let it go, saying, " I didn't lose it...I gave it to Jesus"......it brought choking tears to my being...

How many things, people,  do I hold on  to, tightly, feeling possessive when I really need to "give them to Jesus", prayerfully, excitedly, joyfully knowing that only He alone can work...when I have unclenched my fists, releasing them to His care...

I didn't want to lose my parents, nor my husband, or friends or family but that was His plan....I held them tightly even after their home going...I wanted the status quo of life, no changes ...aging, Watching the years pass so quickly, making decisions I had not had to make in the past, .... I wanted that balloon back...I didn't want to let it go.....even to Jesus...

But, there comes a time, sometimes a gradual place, or a momentous decisive moment when letting go is only way we can live...or we are can't move forward....we hand it over,  giving it all or piece by piece to a loving, living, compassionate, ever present God...it isn't lost to Him...it is a magnificent gift to ourselves, bringing freedom and release...

Thank YOU...for helping me let go...showing me pieces of my life that I still cling to Desperately ...that need unclenched hands to open...and let You take care of...

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” 


Isaiah 63:7-9 I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lord, the deeds for which he is to be praised, according to all the Lord has done for us—yes, the many good things he has done for Israel, according to his compassion and many kindnesses. 
He said, “Surely they are my people, children who will be true to me”;and so he became their Savior.
 In all their distress he too was distressed, and the angel of his presence saved them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them;
he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old.  

No comments:

Post a Comment