Friday, December 4, 2015

A flute, a violin and a piano...

A flute, a violin and a piano...

A huge auditorium, a stage simply decorated with a few poinsettias...was the setting for a flute, a violin and a piano with their musical artists attending...and the addition of some amazing Irish dancers...

A mixture of Christmas, contemporary and older songs filled the quiet air, bringing peace, tears, memories, bringing solace to the soul... For the short two hours...amidst the busyness of Christmas hustle and bustle....

It made me picture David attending his flocks playing soothing music as he tended their needs...

Or musicians heralding a king, 

or people as they marched around Jericho..

Or  armies marching victoriously...

Psalm 57:7-8 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast;I will sing and make music. Awake, my soul! Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn. 

1 Samuel 16:17-18 So Saul said to his attendants, “Find someone who plays well and bring him to me.” 
One of the servants answered, “I have seen a son of Jesse of Bethlehem who knows how to play the lyre. He is a brave man and a warrior. He speaks well and is a fine-looking man. And the Lord is with him.” 

I Like the soothing music that feeds my soul during busy times. But there is a time that trumpets, orchestras with great fanfare are so appropriate...victorious ...

Psalm 71:22 I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, Holy One of Israel. 

Job 21:12 They sing to the music of timbrel and lyre; they make merry to the sound of the pipe. 

Thank YOU for the artists that you have blessed with the talent of music..whether for soothing or triumphant blessings..You have gifted each for  Your glory...that many may be blessed...in the quiet or in the shouts...in the busyness or the solitude, in the joy or in the sorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment