Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Deer....

Deer...

Yesterday I was washing dishes and looked out my kitchen window. There standing less than 5 feet away was a doe quietly pawing through the snow, digging for more of the bird food I had placed there before the storm....she hopped the fence, then another joined her all the while munching away at the seeds...there is at least a foot of snow around right now, so food is hard to come by and the bird food was easy pickings...they had found it earlier this week, but i hadn't seen them in the yard, just their tracks through the snow....

The ease with which they jumped the fence was so pretty to watch ...and their fluid motions, graceful and smooth, the big brown eyes and soft hair, the flicks of their tails and ears as they are ever at attention to the sounds around them, even watching me as I "silently" reach for my phone to click some pictures through the window...maybe even thanking me for the food they are devouring....(that maybe going too far, but it sounds good)...

The crowned sparrows, bluejays, doves, flickers, juncos, and quail have all fed from the same place as the deer, spreading seeds hither and yon...coming back each day to dig again in the snow looking for more morsels of food while their regular food supplies are blanketed with snow...

It is a treat to be able to help others, even the animals on these snowy days...and if I am privileged enough to be a part of God's plan in supplying  their food, that gives me joy and I have to thank Him for that opportunity...

 Habakkuk 3:18-19 yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.....

Psalm 42:1-2 As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? 

I can't say I tread on heights as a deer, but I do long for God..thirsting for Him...and these encounters with the wildlife at close range only remind me how He cares so much for me, supplying my needs as I put out the seeds for them...He enables me to tread on the heights of His love, His  presence ....

Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. 

Luke 12:24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 

Thank YOU for an up close and personal encounter with the creatures You have created...a reminder of the care You bestow on me to give to others...

No comments:

Post a Comment