Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Driving in the snow...

Driving in the snow...

This month has been a test of driver's skills with the snow we have had...we have had 3 inches , 18 inches..6 inches...some fluffy, some heavy, icy, slushy, sloppy, gravelly, broken clods of snow....a variety pack...

I have had the  opportunity  to drive over the mountains three times during these conditions.  One, with a set of tires that could touch pavement on one side most of the way with crunchy ice under the others,  another time with sloppy ice and rain, and the last with pure ice...it was  slow going whichever way.   Slow, steady, white knuckle driving...watching intently for any variation, watching the snow fall, watching the other cars, I even had to turn off my music, news, or books to be able to concentrate whole heartedly on the driving...

Having the proper equipment, extra food and water, chains, in the car...in case of emergency...is essential, but it is still challenging...

I find myself chanting, "please God" over and over even at times when panic is just below the surface...

And God has been gracious to see me through this driving, being right there, all the time...holding the wheel steady, giving me cushion around the car, chanting into my heart His love....His steadfastness...

Thank YOU for Your safety ...in caring for me...

Psalm 73:23-26, 28 Yet I am always with you;you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 
But as for me, it is good to be near God.I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;I will tell of all your deeds. 

Matthew 28:20b .....And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment