Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A growing gift...

A growing gift....

A friend sent me a planter this last year.  It contained a prayer plant, an African violet and pony tail bulb. It has grown and flourished.  And every time I look at it, I am reminded of her, her family and the ministry in which she is involved. 

So yesterday, as I watered it, they were again brought to mind more forcefully..so prayed again.  they are battling against cancer which has invaded her husband's body...

As I looked again at the plant, I quickly texted her reminding us both that like this prayer plant  which has grown, so have the prayers for the family.

The plant needs light, water, warmth, care and nourishment and is totally dependent on me....just as prayer does..we take our requests to Jesus, the Light of the World....who gives us living water...care and nourishment through His Word...and we grow deeper in our souls, relying on our "Caregiver"...for the care we need...

Thank YOU for prayer, Your caregiving...pictures that with which You enlighten our minds...bringing us back to You....

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” 

John 4:10-11, 13-14 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.” “Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” 

John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” 

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 

2 Thessalonians 1:3, 12 We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing. 
We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment