Sunday, September 20, 2015

Regrets....

Regrets.....



I found this article intriguing..."what do you regret when you look back on your life?"

It wasn't what the author thought it would be....

Worrying over things that didn't happen...wasted time worrying...

Matthew 6:25-34 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. 
Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? 
“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 
So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. 

Luke 12:11-12 “When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, 
for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say.” 

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 

In many instances I equate fear with worry...I worry because I am fearful of what "might " happen...then I worry and stew over the small to the largest of things that may or may not happen...watching the news or the stock market reports adds stress and worry to my life....and there is really nothing I can do except pray for peace in my soul and hand it over to God who has it under His control anyway...

Loss of restorative sleep due to worry is unhealthy as well...I really need to work on that..."hand it over" I hear in the darkness of night and thought..."I will take your burdens"...

Then the stress of that worry ...decreases instead of increases the days ....by adding stress related physical problems...

I know I am not alone in this dialogue...of worry and fear...or God wouldn't have addressed it...or the author of the article wouldn't have researched it and written about it...I hope for their sake they learned something for their own lives to put into practice .....

Thank YOU that you take our worries when we are ready to relinquish them...You take our fears, real or unreal, and replace them with Your love...help me to open my hands to you...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment