Friday, September 4, 2015

Rest...

Rest...

My cell phone would not work...then my iPad would not work...so after several frustrating tries, I shut the whole system down throughout the house...turned off the power, waited, and restarted it...

And just like that everything turned on and worked wonderfully again...just in overuse mode...

Kind of like me after coming home from a very busy summer...I was in overload and needed some rest...had caught  a bug that was a little resistant to medicines and had to double it for a longer period of time....and I needed to rest both bodily and mindfully...and I don't like taking naps, but that was not my call...shut down and be still and rest....get recharged, and then start up again...hard to accept, but it was worth it...


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-W3B3OUkN0



I want to go full steam ahead all the time, and have a hard time remembering that I can't do that....
For as long as I can remember, my father would lay down in the middle of the day, cover his eyes with his handkerchief and take a ten minute power nap...when I was little, we would would go out to tend cattle or look over the range...we would eat our lunch sitting in the pastures in the blowing grasses, or near a spring, or sitting on a rock on the hillside, and he would lay back, cover his eyes and be out..,and then arise and be ready to finish the day with renewed strength... As I got older, we sat in the woods, or near a river or wherever we happened to be and he would do the same...

I was wide awake!!!

Then I married and my husband could do the same, take a power nap and be rejuvenated quickly by a few minutes of rest...wherever he might be, in the truck, on the hillside,....

And I was wide awake, again...and I felt guilty napping...but, not as much as I used  to...

Rest....we all need it from time to time...for our weary minds and bodies...it is good emotionally and physically...

Thank YOU for giving us rest...helping me realize that it is okay to rest...and to rest in You...

Exodus 33:14 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” 

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 

Psalm 16:9, 11 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;my body also will rest secure, You make known to me the path of life;you will fill me with joy in your presence,with eternal pleasures at your right hand. 

Psalm 23:1-3 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures,he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment