Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sleeping alone .....

Sleeping alone...

Upon the death of a spouse, we who are left, all of the sudden are sleeping alone not by choice....oh, maybe We have been doing that for awhile because of snoring or whatever, but that is by choice...now it is not..all of the sudden, we reach across the bed and no one is there and the space is empty....we wander around the house as if looking for some one and they are gone...

As if in a dream, we check their comfy chair, or their office space and they are still not there...then we realize in our wakefulness that they are gone and won't be coming back...we wanted to have the morning kiss or hug, or tell them something, just their presence ...and it has vanished...the realization of their departure  hits  again and again...for so many reasons...they aren't going to call, or drive up....we can't check in, the house temperature is our responsibility, whatever chores are ours as well...no sharing ....alone....

We can sense God's presence...it is almost tangible...His peace, comfort...even His Joy and understanding...we can talk to Him and we may even talk to our spouse as we work through each day and night..."what do I do now" or "I am so missing you"... This aloneness isn't fun and wasn't part of my plans....and maybe even the "whys"...  

It takes months not to expect those phone calls...those moments of conversation...we have practiced them for so long ....the ambushes of the vehicles as they turn the "wrong " way and we don't know the drivers...the little things that we associate with our loved ones...

We have turned the page to a new and different chapter, still part of God's plan...different from ours...we just couldn't read ahead...but, God has...

Thank YOU for filling each page of our book with Your perfect will for our lives...but please comfort us when we are sleeping alone, when the tears soak our pillows, when we need answers or just a comforting thought...each and every hour...bringing the joy and peace that only You can give us...

Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 

Psalm 62:1-2, 5-8 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, 
I will never be shaken. 
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;my hope comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. 
My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him,for God is our refuge. 

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment