Thursday, September 3, 2015

My tree....

My tree...

As I said I an earlier blog, I lost three fruit trees this winter. One was replaced and the other spots just covered over... Less leaves to rake...

So I still have three fruit trees left, one actually had real apples until the wind took them off one day..so greenery....then the deer really like one of them, jumps the fence and keeps it trimmed while I am away...oh well...

The funny thing is, the  deer have trimmed one tree into the shape of a heart..so I have this 9 foot heart shaped apple tree in my back yard..what a gift...so every time I look at that tree, I smile and say thanks for the heart....I needed that heart this summer of busyness and change...and God sent  it in a most unusual way...

Sometimes we have to look for the heart of a matter...other times it stands out right in front of us...looking for the good in something we perceive as hard, bad, tragic...it may not come immediately, but when trusting, we may have the opportunity to see it at some point in time...and take it in faith that God knows what he is doing...even though I don't see it and may never see it...just like the people in Hebrews 11...
Or knowing that in all things God work for the good of those who Love Him...

Romans 8:28-30 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. 

Or knowing that God has a plan  as in Jeremiah 29:11-13..
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 

I realize that a heart shaped Apple tree is a small thing in the big kingdom of God, but I have to trust that because He says He cares for the sparrows, knows the number of hairs I have  on my head, that He cares to send those deer to shape my Apple tree into a huge heart to remind me again of Himself and His heart for me..

Thank YOU for huge heart that You Have given me through Your self....Your love lifts me up...and helps me stand through pain and change... 

No comments:

Post a Comment