Thursday, October 1, 2015

Green lights....

Green lights.....

The other morning I had to leave early to catch a plane. All the way down one of the main streets, the lights were all green! Usually it is stop and go with red lights later in the day with a lot more traffic.

I remember a time in extreme numbing stress, when I drove through town  and as I reached to other end, I wondered if I had driven through any red lights..my mind was on autopilot and I actually couldn't remember the lights...red or green or yellow...I wasn't driving safely on the streets!!!

Grief can make us like that...numb, autopilot, stressed, unaware, overwhelmed, and tired ....we may do things that later we wonder if we did them or how we did them...fogginess is a way of life...we compartmentalize our feelings so we can survive, shoving grief into a box "to be sorted" later...
When we may need to open that box each day and examine it contents and sort slowly...

At some period of time, we will notice again the green lights on the street as well as in our hearts and souls to move forward...the fogginess will dissipate...maybe in patchiness, maybe all together ....we will continue to open that box of grief until we have sifted through all the pieces...we will become aware of the colors around us, the changes in seasons, others who may need our shoulder...life...again...

God, I thank YOU that You give us time to heal...You help us, You  comfort us..You bring life ....even abundantly .....

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. 

2 Corinthians 1:5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. 

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment