Sunday, March 8, 2015

Promises, Psalm 18:32-36

Promises...

God's word is filled with promises...from the beginning to the end...

Some light up like neon signs when we are searching for comfort, care, courage,  encouragement....whatever....He speaks to us one place at one time and another at another time...

I have dates written all through the Bibles I have used through the years... times of standing on His Word...times of joy, mourning, growth, questioning...

This one from the book of Psalms  came this week...I have read it before..but it didn't standout like this week...every line a promise...

God-
-arms me with strength 
- makes my way perfect
-makes me sure footed, helping me stand
-trains me for battle
-strengthens my arms
-gives me a shield of victory
-supports me
-helped me
-widened the path to keep me from slipping.


 Psalm 18:32-36New Living Translation (NLT)
32 God arms me with strength,
    and he makes my way perfect.
33 He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
    enabling me to stand on mountain heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
    he strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.
35 You have given me your shield of victory.
    Your right hand supports me;
    your help has made me great.
36 You have made a wide path for my feet
    to keep them from slipping.


These were the main verses from a portion of the lessons on grief again...lessons we may all need at different phases of our lives...strength to face each new day....battling depression, loneliness, sorrow....helping us face each new day....victory in big and small things....help and support from Himself and others,.....a path not slippery, but wide  toward the healing from and through the work of grief....

My favorite part is the "shield of victory"... It makes me envision holding that shield, moving forward or standing with it in front ....deflecting those arrows of doubt, pain, unbelief, tears, ......shining through it all...not letting the enemy win or have his way...victory....uncompromising victory....

Thank YOU for Your promises again and again...victory, strength, support, wide paths,....holding me with Your right hand....

No comments:

Post a Comment