Sunday, March 29, 2015

Assurances....

Assurance .......

"Write about a miracle moment you have experienced."

A good journaling question .....there are so many through life...and it is well to tell someone and share what Miracle moments we have had...

After my mother passed away, I had a month staying with my dad, making their home a home for him alone...it was a very busy month...everyday we would tackle another area, as the house really centered around my mom...
I had two wonderful friends and painting partners of my mother's come in and help me go through her art studio, which took up a quarter of the housing space...we went through every nook and cranny, 1500 brushes, closets, drawers, cupboards full of  painting books, supplies, etc. and they made their way to the town's art studio for purchase as well as ebay and a school. Mom needed another life time to use up all the supplies she had stored "for the next project". She had painted and taught painting. until two weeks before her unexpected death...

While I was there, My dad and I would sit and talk in the evenings and he told me about his encounters with life.  But, he also talked about God, how He had met dad in the dark times of life..how He had shown Himself to be real and comforting...I had never heard these stories before...miracles to him and assurances of God Himself...

There was  a short period in my life when I questioned my salvation...why would God want me...why would He send His Son to save me...the "whys" again...
Then one day as I was reading, I came upon these verses that stood out from the pages just for me at that moment....

1 Corinthians 2:9-10, 13 However, as it is written:“What no eye has seen,what no ear has heard,and what no human mind has conceived”—the things God has prepared for those who love him— these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 
This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. 

One of my miracles...through His Word...my assurance....my hope...His love...

Thank YOU for your assurances, Your miracles in my life and the lives of others through the ages, and around the world...unfathomable in number and kind....yet real...as Yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment