Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hold my hand....

Hold my hand.....

There are over 1400 references to "hand " in the Bible..uplifting hand, right hand, destroying hand, hold hand, caring hand, comforting hand, protecting hand ,   .......

I woke up to two references to hands this morning...a song and a story....both remarkable...one a tear jerker and the other a reminder of years past...

The narrative of Noah reaching out his hand to the seeking dove ....warmed my soul....a seeker finds a place...


Genesis 8:9 But the dove could find nowhere to perch because there was water over all the surface of the earth; so it returned to Noah in the ark. He reached out his hand and took the dove and brought it back to himself in the ark. 

The men pulling Lot and his family to safety ... pulling, tugging in their hands...merciful

Genesis 19:16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the Lord was merciful to them. 

God with His strength and power in His hands....

1 Chronicles 29:12-13 Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things.In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name. 

Everything  we have come from God's hand....

1 Chronicles 29:14 “But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand. 

Job 12:9-10 Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. 

God sustains with his Hand....upholds us.... 
Psalm 18:35a You make your saving help my shield,and your right hand sustains me;......

Psalm 63:8 I cling to you; your right hand upholds me. 

He holds us in our grief....

Psalm 88:9b my eyes are dim with grief.I call to you, Lord, every day;I spread out my hands to you. 

faithful and just are His works....

Psalm 111:7 The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy. 

We are held securely, ever before him....by His hands....
Isaiah 49:16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. 

Thank YOU for holding my hand, for loving me ....sustaining me....



 http://sonnyradio.com/am-i-a-fireman-yet/


No comments:

Post a Comment