Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veterans Day....

Flags placed on servicemen's graves...
Parades with aged and young vets walking side by side...
Hats worm proudly with significant military place names...
Signs welcoming vets home....
Military bases filled with families, communities welcoming returning soldiers, electrified with emotion...
A set of keys given to a wounded warrior for a special vehicle or home....
A flag draped coffin exiting a plane.....
Tiny children saluting as the honor guard marches by...
21 gun salutes .....
A folded flag handed over.....

Pictures of Veterans Day....veterans are found In most families ...but honoring them should be in all....

My father used to tell the story of trying the enlist....he had a heart murmur so was turned down to live another 60 plus years....he had friends who went to war, some returned and others did not....he had friends interred in the Japanese camps in the USA ....one day they were in school and the next day, they had disappeared...
When following family history, my parents found an ancestor who fought in the revolutionary war...Daniel...a veteran of long ago...

My husband's family had veterans as well, some died on the battlefield, others came home to raise families and live long lives....

All fighting causes for which we kept our freedoms that we enjoy today...or helping those in need...around the world in times of catastrophes...serving...you...me...others....thank you....

1 Samuel 17 relays the story of David facing Goliath....the small facing the large....the man of faith facing evil...

He writes...Psalm 27:1-3 The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear?The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked advance against meto devour me,it is my enemies and my foeswho will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me,my heart will not fear;though war break out against me,even then I will be confident. 

Psalm 140:1-13 Rescue me, Lord, from evildoers;protect me from the violent, who devise evil plans in their heartsand stir up war every day. They make their tongues as sharp as a serpent’s;the poison of vipers is on their lips. Keep me safe, Lord, from the hands of the wicked;protect me from the violent,who devise ways to trip my feet. The arrogant have hidden a snare for me;they have spread out the cords of their netand have set traps for me along my path. I say to the Lord, “You are my God.”Hear, Lord, my cry for mercy. Sovereign Lord, my strong deliverer,you shield my head in the day of battle. Do not grant the wicked their desires, Lord;do not let their plans succeed. Those who surround me proudly rear their heads;may the mischief of their lips engulf them. May burning coals fall on them;may they be thrown into the fire,into miry pits, never to rise. May slanderers not be established in the land;may disaster hunt down the violent. I know that the Lord secures justice for the poorand upholds the cause of the needy. Surely the righteous will praise your name,and the upright will live in your presence. 


There are wars from that beginning to the end of the Bible..evil versus good...Satan's troops battling for their lives, countries battling over power, land, rights....the tongue battling words...over and over again and again...until God chooses to reign supreme in victorious rule...the victory is His....Revelations 19....

Thank YOU, for being my protector...for sending others to protect as well...help us give honor to those who have served, are serving and will serve...until time when You reign forever victorious...


http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/11/10/veterans-day-let-thank-our-veterans-by-standing-with-their-families/

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment