Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Kindness...


Kindness....

I had the privilege of delivering flowers yesterday to two retirement/transitional facilities.  Looking about, I wondered,is this me, in 15-20 years or sooner??
Volunteers or family feeding patients, helping them down the halls, playing cards,  watching tv, reading out loud, enjoying the sunshine, smelling the new flowers or sitting desolately alone....

Kindness comes in many forms, from cards to calls, from playing games to holding hands, from rescuing helpless animals to strolling through the park, from smiles on a dreary day to teaching crafts at a retirement home, from Samartian shoe boxes to food for the hungry, .....and on and on...

It is a trait to strive for, part of the fruit of the Spirit....against such, there is no law...it can be random, planned, or part of our nature..to be shown and shine through in this world of chaos and clutter...the simple act of kindness...

Thank YOU for Your kindness toward me...toward others....help me extend that same kindness  to those around me...

2 Samuel 9:3-7 The king asked, “Is there no one still alive from the house of Saul to whom I can show God’s kindness?”Ziba answered the king, “There is still a son of Jonathan; he is lame in both feet.” “Where is he?” the king asked.Ziba answered, “He is at the house of Makir son of Ammiel in Lo Debar.” So King David had him brought from Lo Debar, from the house of Makir son of Ammiel. When Mephibosheth son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, came to David, he bowed down to pay him honor.David said, “Mephibosheth!”“At your service,” he replied. “Don’t be afraid,” David said to him, “for I will surely show you kindness for the sake of your father Jonathan. I will restore to you all the land that belonged to your grandfather Saul, and you will always eat at my table.” 

Ezra 9:9 Though we are slaves, our God has not forsaken us in our bondage. He has shown us kindness in the sight of the kings of Persia: He has granted us new life to rebuild the house of our God and repair its ruins, and he has given us a wall of protection in Judah and Jerusalem. 

Romans 2:4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance? 

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 


http://www.coolestone.com/media/10870/Restore-Your-Faith-In-Humanity-In-4-Minutes-Flat/#.VGEs8u8g-Uk

Genesis 24:26-27 Then the man bowed down and worshiped the Lord, saying, “Praise be to the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not abandoned his kindness and faithfulness to my master. As for me, the Lord has led me on the journey to the house of my master’s relatives.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment