Friday, November 7, 2014

At what cost....


At what cost....

The gold prices are dropping, a four year low....that effects my family to some  degree...it always has...we have lived all of our lives with the feast or famine lifestyle...as mining was our livelihood.  We were never without food or shelter...when we were in the feast parts, we put away for the famine parts...when we were in the famine parts, we hunkered down and made do....

Both my husband and I were raised in families that were modest in lifestyles, so we weren't big spenders to start with. We didn't go on big spending binges...things were planned out, thought through, itemized, charted...prayed over....even fasted about ....big ticket items were decided upon in months times not impulsively purchased...

I can't say that we were mistake free...we did make "wrong " choices, but we learned from each one and usually didn't repeat them...learning, learning....trying to apply the wisdom and knowledge along the way...

It was faith building...couple building, family building...it was our path....chosen for us ....with lessons distinctly planned for our family....thank YOU for life's lessons....in the refining furnace of life....when I think of my husband walking on streets of purest gold after a career looking for it, I chuckle...YOU provided it all...even the "pavement".


Job 22:21“Submit to God and be at peace with him;
in this way prosperity will come to you.
22 Accept instruction from his mouth
and lay up his words in your heart.
23 If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored:
If you remove wickedness far from your tent
24 and assign your nuggets to the dust,
your gold of Ophir to the rocks in the ravines,
25 then the Almighty will be your gold,
the choicest silver for you.
26 Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty
and will lift up your face to God.
27 You will pray to him, and he will hear you,
and you will fulfill your vows.
28 What you decide on will be done,
and light will shine on your ways.
29 When people are brought low and you say, ‘Lift them up!’
then he will save the downcast.
30 He will deliver even one who is not innocent,
who will be delivered through the cleanness of your hands.”



But I guess that is what we all do through life...what is important at what cost.......

Jesus calling - nov 7
Worship Me in the beauty of holiness. All true beauty reflects some of who I am. I am working My ways in you: the divine Artist creating loveliness within your being. My main work is to clear out debris and clutter, making room for My Spirit to take full possession. Collaborate with Me in this effort by being willing to let go of anything I choose to take away. I know what you need, and I have promised to provide all of that—abundantly!
Your sense of security must not rest in your possessions or in things going your way. I am training you to depend on Me alone, finding fulfillment in My Presence. This entails being satisfied with much or with little, accepting either as My will for the moment. Instead of grasping and controlling, you are learning to release and receive. Cultivate this receptive stance by trusting Me in every situation.
Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
—Psalm 29:2 nkjv
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
—Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment