Sunday, March 24, 2024

Trials….

 Trials….


These three verses came up this week, two together and one separately 
..but, they spoke to me personally…

 …..And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”
Esth.4.14b

 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
Jas.1.12

 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.
1Pet.4.12-13

First, my oldest grandson preaches today…for me, I wouldn’t have slept all night, thinking of better and better ways to say the words he has chosen…
Praying the message  was what God wanted to say….wondering if my clothes, hair are right….etc.

Thinking of some I know that are going through trials, whether for their faith, their health, their family…etc…

Thirdly, I found out the big “C” word has entered my life. Visiting the doctor for something else, I thought, I was quickly on the surgeon’s table losing organs I apparently didn’t need anymore, only to find that cancer had invaded…they are pretty sure they got it, but still have to go through 6 rounds of chemotherapy, “insurance” they say…

All trials, of different proportions, different outcomes, different reasons, different difficulty…but trials…but part our plan designed by God …no surprises for Him…

Rejoicing, giving thanks may be a bit difficult to do at times…our emotions lagging behind our will to give thanks…but to know peace that is what we are instructed to do….

 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 
Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.
 The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil.4.4-7

Thank YOU….

When my world is torn asunder…



Praise You in the storm….




 

No comments:

Post a Comment