Monday, March 11, 2024

Rejoice in the Lord….

 Rejoice in the Lord…


After battling my blankets all night tossing and turning, I opened my Bible to today’s passage….the words popped out…”Rejoice in the Lord”
In both Philippians 3 and 4…

 “Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you is no trouble to me and is safe for you. 
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. 
The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 
What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. 
You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 
Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound.
 In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
Phil.3.1,Phil.4.4-13

Of course I had to look up other passages that repeated the same/similar phrase…what was the other rejoicing?  And why? And they start way back in Exodus…
 And Jethro rejoiced for all the good that the Lord had done to Israel, in that he had delivered them out of the hand of the Egyptians.
Exod.18.9

 And there you shall eat before the Lord your God, and you shall rejoice, you and your households, in all that you undertake, in which the Lord your God has blessed you. 
And you shall rejoice before the Lord your God, you and your sons and your daughters, your male servants and your female servants, and the Levite that is within your towns, since he has no portion or inheritance with you. 
but you shall eat them before the Lord your God in the place that the Lord your God will choose, you and your son and your daughter, your male servant and your female servant, and the Levite who is within your towns. And you shall rejoice before the Lord your God in all that you undertake.
Deut.12.7, 12, 18

 And Hannah prayed and said,“My heart exults in the Lord;my horn is exalted in the Lord.My mouth derides my enemies,because I rejoice in your salvation.
1Sam.2.1

 Glory in his holy name;let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice! Seek the Lord and his strength;seek his presence continually!
1Chr.16.10-11

  Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord,exulting in his salvation.
Ps.35.9

 May my meditation be pleasing to him,for I rejoice in the Lord.
Ps.104.34

 This is the day that the Lord has made;let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Ps.118.24

 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord;my soul shall exult in my God,for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation;he has covered me with the robe of righteousness,as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress,and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
Isa.61.10

 Though the fig tree should not blossom,nor fruit be on the vines,the produce of the olive fail-and the fields yield no food,the flock be cut off from the fold-and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord;I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
Hab.3.17-18

 In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will.
Luke.10.21

For safety, salvation, care, hidden things, new days….so many reasons…”in everything “…

Thank YOU…

Rejoice…




No comments:

Post a Comment