Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Rest in My Presence….

 Rest in My Presence…


Twelve years ago, that was the theme for the day…a little over a month later  my husband would succumb to the deadly cancer which was slowly  taking over his brain…

“Learn to live  above your circumstances… this requires focused time with Me, the one  who overcame the world…trouble and distress are woven into the very fabric of life of this perishing world..only My Life in you can empower you to face this endless flow of problems with good cheer…
As you sit quietly in My Presence, I shine Peace into your troubled mind and heart. Little by little, you are freed from earthly shackles and lifted up above your circumstances. You gain My perspective in your life, enabling you to distinguish between what is important and what is not.
Rest in My Presence, receiving Joy that no one can take away from you….”
Jesus Calling, A 365 Day journaling Devotional by Sarah Young.

 So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you. 
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. 
In the world you will have tribulation. 
But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
John.16.22,33

I was asking wisdom for doing the right things at the right time for those days ahead…we moved shortly after this from Elko, Nevada to Bend, Oregon…closer to family and 24 hour care, I couldn’t do it anymore…

Those were hard days, but God was good…friends popped by almost daily. Our apartment was attached to our offices, so people were coming and going…which was good for  morale and encouragement…I could go to our home and work a bit while someone sat with Don…
On one of those quick trips was the first time I heard “Blessing “ lived and written by Laura Story..I remember pulling over to the side of the road and just sobbing hearing her words…

God uses so many circumstances to bring us closer to Him…

Thank YOU…

Blessing…


 I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lordin the land of the living!
Ps.27.13



No comments:

Post a Comment