Friday, August 18, 2023

The seeds that grew….

 The seeds that grew…


This spring I changed my drip watering system a bit so more water was going to an apple tree that has struggled each year, I hoped that more water would help it along its path of growth….one more chance…I have tried several remedies to get this poor tree to grow, but, alas, none have worked…


 And he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. And he said to the vinedresser, ‘Look, for three years now I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and I find none. Cut it down. Why should it use up the ground?’ 

And he answered him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and put on manure. 

Then if it should bear fruit next year, well and good; but if not, you can cut it down.’”

Luke.13.6-9


While adding an extra water line, I was cleaning out old seeds as well…I dropped them into the ground, thinking maybe a few will survive…now I have “jungle” of squash plants…I trim them at least once a week…otherwise they would have taken over the driveway, the whole front on my house and the neighbor’s or climbed the trees…like Jack’s beanstalk of old …those seeds wanted to grow…they were “programmed “ to grow…now I have my own “Squash patch” maze…


As a Christian, I want to grow  as well…I want to soak up as much of the Living water as I can, eat the Living Bread….there are definitely times of pruning, to promote more growth, to deepen the roots….overflowing, growing, fruitful, being a blessing to others, feeding others that are sent my way…


I don’t want to be like the tree with yearly upkeep, only to continue to shrivel after each encouragement to thrive…I want to flourish, being fruitful as much as possible…


Thank YOU…


 give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.

Luke.6.38


 Yet he did not leave himself without witness, for he did good by giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness.”

Acts.14.17


 He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. 

 You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God. 

For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God.

2Cor.9.10-12


Thank you….


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOgAmQvOUM0

No comments:

Post a Comment