Saturday, August 12, 2023

Choose to be…

 Choose to be…


I found some of my notes in Philippians from a previous “read through “…” choose to be the person God wants you to be”….


With the verses,

 “Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. Only let us hold true to what we have attained.”

Phil.3.13-16


This was in my “travel Bible”, a lighter weight Bible I use when traveling…

We have so many choices in life, but this is a really important one…God has a plan for each us, one which is the best of all…but we can choose to go our own way and not follow it…we can ignore those guidance words, the words whispered into our hearts or sometimes shouted loud and clear and follow our own paths…stay immature….


But, how much better it is to choose to walk in the path prepared by a Father who loves us infinitely, eternally, lovingly, compassionately….who sent his son to die for us…to be our sacrifice…


Nothing compares…no earthly pleasure…to that love…but, he still gave us a choice…

We need to choose wisely….


Thank YOU…


     He restores my soul.He leads me in paths of righteousnessfor his name's sake.

Ps.23.3


 You search out my path and my lying downand are acquainted with all my ways. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand.I awake, and I am still with you.

Ps.139.3,Ps.139.17-18


 In all your ways acknowledge him,and he will make straight your paths. 

Be not wise in your own eyes;fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. 

It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones.

Prov.3.6-8


 Many are the plans in the mind of a man,but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.

Prov.19.21


 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 

You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.

Jer.29.11-13


 You have made known to me the paths of life;you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’

Acts.2.28


One thing remains….


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTe6NKe5PAI




No comments:

Post a Comment