Tuesday, August 22, 2023

A short time…

 


A short time…


In Acts 26, Paul is brought before Festus and King Agrippa…they want to hear his story, his defense…why he has charges brought against to appeal to Rome…


Yesterday’s blog was ….”no Charges”….they couldn’t find anything with which to charge him…

Paul is still talking , giving testimony to what Jesus had done on the Damascus Road…



 “ Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?” 

Paul replied, “Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains.””

Acts.26.28-29


I have watched people in foreign countries and here watch the Jesus Film or hear a gospel message, ready to accept Jesus as their Savior…in a short amount of time…or listeners of radio/tv/YouTube broadcasts realize their need as well…some had never heard of Jesus before…but the Word spoke to their heart and they knew….


Others needed  more time  before they  made a commitment…and still others, walked away….


Paul was ready to speak…


 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

 2Tim.4.2


We don’t all get to present the gospel as Paul did…some plant the Word…others water, encourage….some get to reap…but we all need to use the opportunity given…short or long…


I have always wondered if we will see Agrippa in heaven…was he finally persuaded…or who in that hearing became followers of the Way…whose hearts were changed by Paul’s testimony…


Thank YOU….


 As the rain and the snowcome down from heaven,and do not return to itwithout watering the earthand making it bud and flourish,

so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth:

It will not return to me empty,but will accomplish what I desireand achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Isa.55.10-11


The Sower’s Song


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIiKIR6mQOE


The Harvest…


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTdTqCN9xc






No comments:

Post a Comment