Monday, April 25, 2022

Shipwrecked…2…

 Shipwrecked…2…


10 years later…

I watch as person after person goes through the “shipwreck” times of life….times of trials…illnesses, estrangements, deaths, family strife, pandemic, financial ruin …whatever…transitions…


Some come out deeper, steeped in God’s Word, love…driven with purpose…

Some come out bitter, angry, stuck in the past, the rage at life…


We each get to use these life trials as stepping stones to transforming our lives, making new paths, reaching for the best… or we can tread over and over, mired in the mud of unforgiveness, “poor me”…never getting to the other side …


I am in no way saying that getting through the “shipwrecks” is easy, or not painful…but we can choose how to move forward or not…we can “sit, soak and sour” as I once heard or choose to be transformed by the Word…realizing that God is not finished with us…that He will continue to work in our lives….


Thank YOU….


Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

James 1:2-4



Shipwrecked...

 

Reading this morning in Acts 28.

Paul, on his way to Rome is shipwrecked...again...sounds bad but God had a "glorious agenda planned" as  Beth Moore states.

 

Making something good out of something seemingly bad, people were won to the Lord, people were healed...

 

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 

 

Last summer I was reading one of my devotionals about looking widowhood as working all things for the good...I balked at that statement and still do...how can Don's death be working good in the lives of those whom he left behind and loved him...? I  have worked past the upset that that brought to me.  I still wonder why, but am not so upset. Even though I wish he were here with us, I have to trust that God knows what he is doing....

 

When looking back, what will be the result?  What good will come out?  Will there be a listing of things that changed for the good in people's lives because if his death?

 

What am I doing to make things good?  How is my attitude? How is my trust quotient?  

 

“What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love 0deeply becomes a part of us.” Helen Keller

 

No comments:

Post a Comment