Saturday, April 30, 2022

Butterfly kisses….

 Butterfly kisses….


When I was young, my mother would give me “butterfly kisses”, fluttering her eye lashes on my cheek…it was so soft and sweet, a very tender touch….I in turn did it to my young children, endearingly keeping up the tradition….


I had kind of forgotten those small tender moments…until God reminded me…


Yesterday was the big release of my butterfly family…I took their mini home into the fields of a friend where one of my grandsons and another friend gathered each butterfly on a finger….they either put them on a flower or let them fly…watching these delicate creations go into a new world and make their way….what fun…miracles all….


When my oldest grandchildren were young, we went to a butterfly “ exhibit “ near Independence, Oregon…we were all enthralled with the beauty of these tiny creatures, their delicacy, their colors…

Since then, I have seen them in Costa Rica, Australia, South America, Washington D.C.’s Smithsonian, my home town with my parents, central Oregon …various zoos…


They are mesmerizing, like watching a crackling fire or fish in a fish tank….fluttering from one flower to another….wings thinner than tissue, glorious colors…


Thank YOU for small wonders of Your creativity, creation…pictures of your transforming power…


And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures according to their kinds—livestock and creeping things and beasts of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so. And God made the beasts of the earth according to their kinds and the livestock according to their kinds, and everything that creeps on the ground according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

Genesis 1:24-25


And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord,  are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:18


But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

Philippians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment