Saturday, April 2, 2022

Covenant….celebration…

 Covenant…celebration….


Recently I got to watch a video of a friend’s 50th wedding anniversary celebration…was so fun watching this couple stand before their family, friends and God in celebration of the covenant which they have kept for over 50 years…they don’t renew their vows but celebrated those vows….


Watching vows being kept and dissolved over my lifetime has been both wonderful and heartbreaking….people being blessed and torn apart…


Looking through the Word, there are over 300 references to “covenant” from Genesis to Revelation, Noah to heaven…


It is worth the read through each verse…totally uplifting from the 

Perspective of God keeping his promises …throughout generations in the past, present and future…His continued care and love for those whom he deemed his and those who have put their faith and trust in Him…


God repeats his covenant over and over to generations…promises He made to the patriarchs…his faithfulness even in their unfaithfulness…to His chosen…


“Behold, I establish my covenant with you and your offspring after you, I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.” 

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 

I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. 

And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 

When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.” 

God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant that I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

Genesis 9:9,11-13,15-17


After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision: “Fear not, Abram, I am your shield; your reward shall be very great.” 

And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness. 

On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, “To your offspring I give this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphrates, the land of the Kenites, the Kenizzites, the Kadmonites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites and the Jebusites.”

Genesis 15:1,6,18-21


When Abram was ninety-nine years old the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am God Almighty; walk before me, and be blameless, that I may make my covenant between me and you, and may multiply you greatly.” 

Then Abram fell on his face. And God said to him, “Behold, my covenant is with you, and you shall be the father of a multitude of nations. 

No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham,  for I have made you the father of a multitude of nations. I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make you into nations, and kings shall come from you. 

And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you. And I will give to you and to your offspring after you the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God.” 

God said, “No, but Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his offspring after him.

Genesis 17:1-8,19 


And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.

Exodus 2:24 


Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine;

Exodus 19:5


“Now, therefore, our God, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who keeps covenant and steadfast love, let not all the hardship seem little to you that has come upon us, upon our kings, our princes, our priests, our prophets, our fathers, and all your people, since the time of the kings of Assyria until this day.

Nehemiah 9:32 


All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies. 

The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant.

Psalm 25:10,14


For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54:10


For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 

And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord . 

For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

Jeremiah 31:33-34 


I will establish my covenant with you, and you shall know that I am the Lord,

Ezekiel 16:62


Daniel 9


“Behold, I send my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me. And the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant in whom you delight, behold, he is coming, says the Lord of hosts.

Malachi 3:1


Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 

And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 

28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Matthew 26:26-28


Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 13:20-21


Thank YOU….



No comments:

Post a Comment