Wednesday, April 27, 2022

It hurts…2…

 It hurts…2…


Reading this again, the person who graciously gave me my little tear bottle has passed away now as well, her daughters and family needed the tear bottles as well, she was much loved…her laughter still rings in my heart…


Years have come and gone, time has stood still and yet zoomed by…I am thankful that God knows our hearts, our paths and that He holds everything…thank YOU….


Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. 

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. 

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. 

But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all your works.

Psalm 73:23-26,28


“It hurts…

 

Someone gave me a jar symbolizing God's jar of our tears...it was tiny, about the size of my little pinky finger...I thought this isn't big enough to hold them all...but it was precious...hand blown in Israel, varying colors and fragile...
Just as we are to God...Godmade, varying in sizes, colors, personalities and oh, so fragile at times…He holds us,  taking our tears, taking our emotions no matter what they are...and treats us as precious in His loving hand..

.

Dear God,

help us to rest in You...handing over our tears, our anger, our bitterness, our hurt...cover each with your healing hand...bringing a deep joy that only comes from You...in your time.

..


" tell me how you feel..
..it hurts,....sometimes I get so jealous I want to scream....I want to shake people and tell them not to take what they have for granted..." Lauraine Snelling.., "Song of Laughter"

The sentiments of those who are left....

we want to tell those around us to enjoy the times they have ....live every moment ....because quickly, they may change, in a word, a moment, a diagnosis, a step, a drive...



We want the "normal" back, we don't want change ...we want our parents back, our children back, our spouses back, our friends back, ourselves back.....to normal...and it hurts not to have it...

And then there are times we don't want them back as we watch  pain or disease ravage their bodies or their minds slip away to another world...we want them comforted and we can't do anything about it.....we say our goodbyes, sing a song or read or we hold their hands as much for our comfort as for theirs....but it still hurts ...



None of us like to hurt...it is tiring, disappointing, wearying,....and we can even feel guilty because we hurt... Putting on a happy face...

There are memories we want of better times, places,... those non hurting spaces...times when grief or pain didn't mar the picture...where we reveled in the joy, pain free, carefree...we want to think on those, live in those..

.

It is okay to cry, it is okay to grieve, it is okay want a hug ....it is okay to hurt....stuffing it away makes the pain boil and intensify to later erupt...



Thank YOU, even when I don't want to give thanks for the hurts...the pain..

.For it's there in the hurt that You help us grow, help us lean more and more on Your strength ...
to Your glory...amen and amen...

.

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2     He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3     he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
   for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
   through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
   in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
   my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
   all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
   forever.



Psalm 119:50 My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.”




No comments:

Post a Comment