Tuesday, January 8, 2019

S l o w. D o w n ....

S l o w   D o w n.....

Last year, 2018, one of my goals was to read through the Bible chronologically.  That was accomplished...this year I want to s l o w  d o w n....and only read through the New Testament in a year...
This means I am only finishing up the sixth chapter of Matthew instead of Job after Genesis....a lot slower pace...

Today---Treasures and worry...what treasures do I worry about...??? Where, what are my treasures????  What do I worry about and lose sleep over???  Oh dear, a little close to home...

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:24,34

The sections finish with these two verses...whom do I serve?....save worrying about tomorrow for tomorrow...
I don't  want to serve worrying...which shows a lack of faith on my part...anxiousness shows lack of love as well...so I need to hand both the resources and the worries over to the Master whom I wish to serve......

Thank YOU for the ultimate solution...I lay each at your feet to guide and take care of...I want my master to be God, not the money...I want Him to guide the days as well...giving peace in an unpeaceful world...

No comments:

Post a Comment