Saturday, January 26, 2019

Meltdown...

Meltdown...

Last night I had a loneliness meltdown...
I don't have them very often...they can come unexpectedly...most don't last long...they differ in intensity...

The winter after my husband passed away, I found hand towels which pictured a melting snowman and the saying ," everyone's entitled to an occasional meltdown"...I bought a pile and gave them out to my family...we were all having melt downs....more often than not...life had changed so very drastically in a short time for all of us...

I was going to new Bible study small group...new people, a possibility of new friends or at least new acquaintances...alone...wanting him to break the ice as he had always done...to hold my hand...to encourage...to smile...to share small talk or discuss the study...to fulfill some dreams...to grow old together...

I couldn't find the house in the dark, I hadn't taken the time to find it in the light earlier... So, disappointed, I returned home..pity party...meltdown...lonely...

Oh, it was coming, I just didn't know when...tax season...no one to share our anniversary with...gray skies...cold day after day....

And then in was tearing a book apart for a project...and the page I tore out happened to be on "loneliness"... How about that?

From " today is Mine" by Leroy Brownlow
"At times all of us are lonely. It brings an emptiness within. A feeling of inadequacy and lack of direction overwhelms us. We should not, however, all allow loneliness to cheat us out of single day. And here are some ways to overcome it:
Like yourself enough that you can be happy alone.
As a pilgrim, know your map.
Have something to do and do it.
Make good books interesting companions
Pull down any selfish walls you may have built around yourself.
Make your presence desired, and the best way to do this is to find emptier hearts and fill them with love...

Seldom can the heart be lonely;
If it seeks a lonelier still;
Self-forgetting, seeking only
Emptier cups of love to fill.  Frances R. Havergal

I alone am left..1 Kings 19:10"

I admit, I did some other things to chase the blues away...working on Projects that I can give away to someone else...but, most of all, I just admitted it to God, asking for His inner peace and joy...He takes the tears, heartaches, the loneliness and changes it for good...I don't know why He changed our lives the way He did...I do know that our days are numbered, they have purpose...He has purpose...thank YOU,
 
.... Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.
Luke 6:21b

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
James 4:10

Sing to God, sing in praise of his name, extol him who rides on the clouds; rejoice before him—his name is the Lord .
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
Psalm 68:4-6

Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish.
Psalm 25:16-17

a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
Ecclesiastes 3:4

No comments:

Post a Comment