Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Doorbell...

Doorbell...

One of my parents dreams was to build a house...they looked and looked for property and finally found a piece and we moved when I was in the sixth grade into a little two story house...

They painted, wallpapered, improved that little,house all the while planning to build another on the same property on the hillside...little by little, they excavated, planned , blew up huge redwood stumps, rocked, and finally poured a foundation. Then little by little they built..gathering materials from various places, a old sawmill, a wrecked lumber barge, and of course the regular lumber and building supply...they traded beef for all the cabinets in the house as well as the brickwork in the two fireplaces...

Finally, in my junior year of high school we moved into a mostly finished house...I had designed my own room from the floor up and it was completely finished...

But, I remember my parents hunted many, many places for the right doorbell, finally finding one with long chimes which played a specific song...and as my own family grew, they all got to ring that doorbell many times over the years...

Now, I don't even have a door bell in my house... No pretty chimes...just an app attached to my phone alerting me to someone passing or coming to the door. I can answer that button from anywhere I am with my phone which is in my purse... No special rings..(and when I look at my phone, the people's faces are big and way out of perspective ☺️).

Cartoons over the years picture people waiting at the gates of heaven, either knocking or ringing a bell, waiting for an angel or some Saint to answer...but from the Bible it doesn't seem to work that way...we don't have to wait at the gate to be welcomed or rejected...we can know if we are welcomed or not..we make the choice here in this life...we either have accepted Christ as our savior or not...our names are either in the Book of life or they are not...

Jesus talks about it over and over in his Words in the New Testament...very clearly stating stating His position...
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
John 3:3,16-18,21

Thank YOU...for your word...

No comments:

Post a Comment