Sunday, January 27, 2019

Miracles in a touch...

Miracles in a touch...

Now the Jordan is at flood stage all during harvest. Yet as soon as the priests who carried the ark reached the Jordan and their feet touched the water’s edge, the water from upstream stopped flowing. It piled up in a heap a great distance away, at a town called Adam in the vicinity of Zarethan, while the water flowing down to the Sea of the Arabah (that is, the Dead Sea ) was completely cut off. So the people crossed over opposite Jericho.
Joshua 3:15-16     

When he saw Queen Esther standing in the court, he was pleased with her and held out to her the gold scepter that was in his hand. So Esther approached and touched the tip of the scepter.
Esther 5:2

Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth.
Jeremiah 1:9 

While he was speaking to me, I was in a deep sleep, with my face to the ground. Then he touched me and raised me to my feet.
Daniel 8:18 

Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy. 
He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on him.
Matthew 8:3,15 

Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you”;
Matthew 9:29  

But Jesus came and touched them. “Get up,” he said. “Don’t be afraid.” When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus.
Matthew 17:7-8   

Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him.
Matthew 20:34

After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man’s ears. Then he spit and touched the man’s tongue.
Mark 7:33

Then water parted, the queen acknowledged and accepted, healing....all with a touch...

This following song has been running through my head all morning...after reading from the gospels...that touch...I have had it at times of distress...comforting...acknowledging...encouraging....

These various people reported in the gospels and so many more that we didn’t read about...wanted and needed His touch...some like the centurion just asked in faith that his servant be healed...he just needed a word...not even a touch...but God can create with a word as well as heal with a word...

Thank YOU for your touch to my soul...

He touched me, lyrics, Gaither
Shackled by a heavy burden,
'Neath a load of guilt and shame.
Then the hand of Jesus touched me,
And now I am no longer the same.

He touched me, Oh He touched me,
And oh the joy that floods my soul!
Something happened and now I know,
He touched me and made me whole.

Since I met this blessed Savior,
Since He cleansed and made me whole,
I will never cease to praise Him,
I'll shout it while eternity rolls.

He touched me, Oh He touched me,
And oh the joy that floods my soul!
Something happened and now I know
He touched me and made me whole...



Attachment.png

No comments:

Post a Comment