Friday, October 19, 2018

Prayer requests...

Prayer requests ....

I have finally joined a women's Bible study again after a year of none. While not involved with a group, I have been studying the books which my former group have been going through ...(accountability is good).  But, I have missed the people interaction and fellowship, plus hearing  others' comments and concerns...so purposed to get out and about to do new things in this new area..
So even though I don't speak up much, it fills a void in my life...it is hard to believe I once was involved in a group of writing these studies...or later writing them on my own....or facilitating groups all the time for years...lots of changes...

Listening to prayer requests, writing them down even though I don't really know many of these new women...my mind wanders into wondering about their life stories... Each one has one as do I...their families, friends, their health, their desire for salvation for friends and family...

Requests I have heard  a multitude of times over the years from a multitude of people ....what has happened  with all those requests over the years..."what is the rest of the story?"

Times when we each feel that others are praying for us, upholding us in times of need...God ordained events...His touch of healing...because of prayer...His answers in His time...His orchestrating life circumstances to bring about salvation, awareness of Himself...
Times when the world seems to be collapsing around us...and He sends a rainbow to brighten our path or a piece of scripture to encourage, a song or someone knocks at the door with a simple smile or casserole...

In the closeness of our homes to the farest reaches of the world...nothing is too small or too great for His care and concern...He hears those requests ...and has for century upon century...He is the God of yesterday, today and tomorrow...thank YOU...

Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:
Psalm 37:4-5

Lord, let your ear be attentive to the prayer of this your servant and to the prayer of your servants who delight in revering your name. Give your servant success today by granting him favor in the presence of this man.”....
Nehemiah 1:11a

I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
Psalm 17:6

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12

John 17

No comments:

Post a Comment