Thursday, October 11, 2018

Alarming...

Alarming...

This morning I had the opportunity to find out how fast of response I get from my new security system, both with the company and the local police...really fast...they didn't answer before the alarm went off as scripture talks about God...but pretty fast...Matthew 6:8

I had armed the new system the night before I fell into bed, but went to unarm in the morning and it didn't like my number. ...so of course I tried it again and again .....then the whole house starts shrieking...phone rings and we sort through numbers...get that done and knock, knock, knock at the front door...quite the adrenaline rush...

But, it was comforting to know that action really does take place when the alarm goes off...☺️....

As I went on with the morning, going to church and Sunday school, the theme continued as the pastor spoke on Mark 13, titled "stay awake"....as Mark wrote about the end times.  "Be on guard", "be alert", "keep watch" are the key phrases for this chapter...another type of alarm...one which we know will happen at some time...

It won't be a shrieking house, nor will the phone probably ring or a policeman knock personally at your door...but the whole world will know as the Son of Man returns with great power and glory...

23 So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time. 24 “But in those days, following that distress, “‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; 25 the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’ 26 “At that time people will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.
Mark 13:23-27

Our comfort as believers is that God knows the time, the answers...God's Word will never pass away...

31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. 32 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 33 Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. 34 It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch. 35 “Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36 If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37 What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’”
Mark 13:31-37

It is worth rereading Mark 13 at this point...thank YOU for the "alarming day", help me to keep watch, be alert to Your working in my life ....and the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment