Thursday, October 11, 2018

Do not....but...

Do not..., but....

I am still reading through the Bible and have been off line for almost a week, wow, every time I wanted to write or look up scripture quickly, I had to do it the "long" way...how quickly I have been spoiled to instant gratification...even when traveling, I can usually get online to look up something...
Reading  through Matthew 5-7, these lists kept popping out...first the negatives and then the blessings of the positive...not that we need checklists, but my mind just likes to be linear...am I paying attention to what is really important?....am I seeking what God would have me to do...am I letting the Spirit work in my life instead of my own "works"... Am I doing things for man's view or God's...

Do not murder..
Do not commit adultery ..
Do not break an oath..
Do not swear at all...
Do not resist an evil person ...
Do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you...
Do not do your acts of righteousness ...to be seen
Do not be like the hypocrites when you pray..
When you fast, do not look somber ...to show you are fasting..
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth...
Do not worry about your life...
Do not worry about tomorrow ...
Do not judge..

But...
Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven..
Be reconciled..
Simple let your "yes" be "yes" and your "no" be "no"
Turn your cheek, give...
Love your enemies, pray for them..
Give in secret..
Pray in secret...
Forgive...
Fast in secret...
Store up treasures in heaven...
Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness...
Ask, seek, knock...find...
Do to others what you would have them do to you ...
Watch out for false prophets...
Be a wise builder ...

Lots to take in, in three chapters...wow... Breathe ...and there is more than I noted ...by God's strength, the Holy Spirit's counsel alone can we do it ....thank YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment