Thursday, March 2, 2017

Praise songs....

Praise songs...

Most mornings, I am awakened by praise songs running through my mind...when I was in the darkest times as my husband daily was sinking away to cancer, God gave me what I called "songs in the night"... I never knew from day to day which song He would minister to my soul in those long  tortuous days and nights...but the songs were there lifting me out of the pit...and I thank Him for those songs...

But, now He is still giving them to me, they may be from years past or current...they may be repetitious over and over again or a verse or the whole song that plays in my mind...they may bring thoughts of events which are associated with that song or just raise my thinking that morning...

This morning it was. "It's your breath in my lungs, that I pour out your praise, to you only"... a simple song of praise to remind me that the Giver of life gives breath to praise...thank YOU...the air that I breathe is a gift...thank YOU for each breath...

Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

Psalm 40:3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.

Lamentations 3:22-23, 32-33 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.
For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment