Friday, March 10, 2017

Depths...

Depths...
Lamentations 3:55-57 I called on your name, Lord, from the depths of the pit.
You heard my plea: “Do not close your ears to my cry for relief.”
You came near when I called you, and you said, “Do not fear.”

It's coming up on the 5th anniversary of my husband's passing from this earth to his awaiting heavenly home...his new everlasting chapter...
I was reading my journal from then...the depths...each day was part waiting, much caring-physical and emotional, tiredness, company, encouragement from many as well as his work related issues- of which he enjoyed...

He was sleeping more and more but enjoyed whomever dropped by or the stimulation of his chosen vocation and the people who visited to talk "shop".

I look back on that time and wonder where I got the strength and fortitude to take care so much...only God can strengthen that much...I sure didn't have it in myself...I never got sick in those months, my body wasn't sore from the
lifting ...sleep was elusive, as nurse, cook, laundress, social director, encourager, caretaker...emotions were from the depths of despair to just making it through each day...to praise for God's comfort and provision...

My journal reads ..." Be strong and take courage", "rest, return, learn, live in Jesus", " I will never let go of your hand", "my way is perfect", "seek me first"...to the song of "Butterfly kisses"...

His love was tangible...through the darkness of the oncoming death, the "unplanned" event...

Thank YOU for your strength, your care, your comfort...

Psalm 30:2a Lord my God, I called to you for help,....

Psalm 130:1-2 Out of the depths I cry to you, Lord; Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.

Psalm 139:8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.


No comments:

Post a Comment